What you need to know
- MGC awarded the sole statewide slots-parlor (Category 2) license to Penn National Gaming on February 28, 2014, after a competitive bidding process.
- The slots-parlor holds up to 1,250 slot machines, has a $25 million license fee, and a minimum capital investment of $125 million. The slots-parlor is taxed at 49% of its gross gaming revenue.
- The MGC awarded a temporary, one-year Category 1 Sports Wagering Operator License to Plainville Gaming and Redevelopment, LLC d/b/a Plainridge Park Casino on December 20, 2022; they received their operations certificate on January 31, 2023.
- The sports wagering operator licensing fee for a 1-year license is $1 million. Category 1 Sports Wagering Licensees are taxed on 15% of gross sports wagering revenue.
- Plainridge Park Casino in Plainville opened to the public on June 24, 2015. Their sportsbook opened on January 31, 2023.
About the gaming establishment
Description from the Licensee:
Plainridge Park Casino is a $250 million dollar integrated racing and gaming facility that includes the only live harness racing track in Massachusetts. The establishment features a food court. In addition, local football legend Doug Flutie’s first restaurant, Flutie’s Sports Pub, is located at Plainridge Park Casino. The gaming area features 1,250 of the latest slot machines, video poker, video blackjack, and more. An entertainment lounge bar features local and regional bands. Seasonal entertainment is featured, including food and wine festivals, simulated game shows, and more. 1,620 structured and surface parking spaces welcome visitors to the facility.
To learn more about Plainridge Park Casino, visit its website.
|Status||Slots-parlor opened on February 28, 2014. Sportsbook opened January 31, 2023.|
|Address||301 Washington Street, Plainville|
|Capital investment||$250 million|
|Employees||342 (as of June 30, 2022)|
|Job Listings||Plainridge Park Casino Careers|
|Vendor Opportunities||Plainridge Park Casino Vendors|
|Slots-Parlor License Agreement||Agreement|
|Sports Wagering Application||Application|
About the Plainridge Park Casino Sportsbook
Plainridge Park Casino – legally known as Plainville Gaming and Redevelopment, LLC – was awarded a Category 1 Sports Wagering Operator License during an MGC public meeting on December 20, 2022. Their operations certificate went into effect on January 31, 2023.
The sports wagering operator licensing fee is $1 million for Plainridge Park Casino’s one-year license. As a Category 1 Sports Wagering Licensee, they are taxed on 15% of gross sports wagering revenue.