What you need to know
- The MGC awarded a temporary, one-year Category 3 Sports Wagering Operator License to Penn Sports Interactive, LLC on February 23, 2023 after a competitive bidding process.
- Penn Sports Interactive, LLC received its operations certificate on March 10, 2023 and opened its Massachusetts sportsbook to the public on the same day.
- Penn Sports Interactive, LLC is undergoing a full suitability review by the MGC ahead of a Commission vote on awarding the entity a five-year Category 3 Sports Wagering Operator License.
- The sports wagering operator licensing fee for a 1-year license is $1 million. Category 3 Sports Wagering Licensees are taxed on 20% of gross sports wagering revenue.
- Penn Sports Interactive, LLC’s Category 3 Sports Wagering Operator License is tethered to Plainville Gaming and Redevelopment, LLC d/b/a Plainridge Park Casino’s Category 1 Sports Wagering Operator License. There are currently five Category 3 Sports Wagering licenses tethered to Category 1 licensees. Fanatics Betting & Gaming is one of two Category 3 licensees tethered to Plainridge Park Casino.
About the Gaming Establishment
Description from the Licensee:
PENN Entertainment, Inc., formerly known as Penn National Gaming, Inc., is North America’s leading provider of integrated entertainment, sports content, and casino gaming experiences. PENN has evolved into a leading North American digital sports content, gaming and technology company whose Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors have over 100 plus years of experience in the gaming industry.
To learn more about Penn Sports Interactive, LLC, visit its website.
|Penn Sports Interactive, LLC’s online sportsbook went live in Massachusetts on March 10, 2023.
|Contact Penn Entertainment
|Awarded temporary, 1-year Category 3 Sports Wagering Operator License. Currently undergoing full suitability review ahead of vote on five-year Category 3 Sports Wagering Operator License.
|Plainridge Park Casino
|Penn Interactive Careers
|Penn Sports Interactive, LLC House Rules – Approved on 11.8.23
|Penn Sports Interactive, LLC Operations Certificate
|Sports Wagering Application Documents
|Application | Notice of Intent* | Scoping Survey
* Penn Sports Interactive, LLC filed a joint Notice of Intent with Plainridge Park Casino
- 2023: Q2 | Q3 | Q4