Division of Racing
The Division of Racing is responsible for regulating the state’s horse racing industry and implementing the statutes prescribed in M.G.L Chapter 128A and 128C.
The state engages in live horse racing as well as simulcasts horse and greyhound racing at its various tracks and simulcast facilities. With over 240 million dollars in annual handles, the racing industry contributes significantly to the Commonwealth’s economy. In addition, with the gaming expansion, off-the-track betting facilities will supplement existing racetracks.
The Division of Racing is delegated the power to prescribe rules, regulations and conditions under which all horse races at horse racing meetings shall be conducted in the Commonwealth.
To apply for an occupational license, please fill out the appropriate form and return it, along with the applicable fee and a photo ID, to the Commission office at the respective racetrack.
- Authorized Agent – Thoroughbred
- Harness Owner Driver Trainer
- Jockey Agent
- Pari-Mutuel Employee
- Racing Official
- Stable Employee
- Thoroughbred Owner Trainer and or Assistant
- Supplemental Information Sheet
Other Racing Forms
Annual Reports from the Massachusetts State Racing Commission:
- Racing Annual Report 2008
- Racing Annual Report 2009
- Racing Annual Report 2010
- Racing Annual Report 2011
- Racing Annual Report 2012