What you need to know:

  • The Voluntary Self-Exclusion Program allows participants to voluntarily exclude themselves from all Massachusetts gaming venues for a pre-determined length of time.
  • Participants will not be allowed to enter the gaming floor of any Massachusetts casino.
  • Participants must enroll in person at the GameSense Info Center at Plainridge Park Casino, the Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling, or the Massachusetts Gaming Commission

How do I enroll?

Participants are encouraged to complete the Voluntary Self-Exclusion form. You can then contact a professional to set up an in-person appointment at any of the following:

  • GameSense Info Center
    Located at Plainridge Park Casino
  • Massachusetts Gaming Commission
    Located in Boston, at 617.533.9737 or vse@state.ma.us
  • Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling
    Located in Boston, at 800.426.1234

At your appointment, you will you will meet with a professional who has been trained to handle requests for self-exclusion. They understand the difficult decision you’re making and will offer support to help you make a knowledgeable choice. You will need to show your government-issued identification, one that includes your signature and  a photograph – e.g., a driver’s license, passport, or  other identification. You will also sign the Voluntary Self-Exclusion Agreement and have your photograph taken.

If you would like to complete the enrollment form and agreement, it is available here.

How long will I be self-excluded?

The length of the exclusion period is up to you. Your choices include: six months; one year; three years, five years or lifetime. You can renew or extend the period at any time but you can’t reduce amount of time you select.

What happens once I’m voluntarily self-excluded?

During the period of your exclusion you will not be allowed to enter the gaming floor of any Massachusetts casino.  To reduce the temptation to return to the casino, all reward points will be forfeited and marketing materials to you suspended.  Persons who break the agreement and are found on the casino floor will be escorted from the gaming floor and forfeit any winnings.

Once you’ve signed up, the information you provide will be given to all security offices in gaming venues throughout the Commonwealth. It is intended as a service to help you honor your commitment.

What happens when the term of my Voluntary Self-Exclusion ends?

If you choose to remain in the program: You can re-enroll at the Massachusetts Gaming Commission, Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling or other authorized agent. It’s not recommended that  you go to the GameSense Info Center at Plainridge Park Casino.

How do I un-enroll from the program?

You’ll need to participate in a brief information session. A trained professional will discuss with you safe gaming tips, risks of gambling and help available should you want it. It is required that you attend this session.

Stay updated on the Massachusetts Gaming Commission

Sign up to receive the latest gaming news and updates!