MGC Public Hearing
Posted: September 29, 2022
LocationRemote Collaboration Technology
Call-in, See Notice for Info,
DateThursday, September 29, 2022
Notice is hereby provided that in accordance with G.L. c. 30A § 2, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (“Commission”) will convene a public hearing for purposes of gathering comments, ideas, and information relative to four proposed regulation amendments in 205 CMR. The proposals were developed pursuant to G.L. c. 23K § 5, as part of the Commission’s regulation promulgation process, and concern the following regulations:
- 205 CMR 138.02 Licensee’s System of Internal Controls: The proposed amendment will establish a timed requirement for licensee’s implementation of a protocol or system of control when deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- 205 CMR 138.05 Systems for Ensuring Employee Licensing: The proposed amendment will restore language that was initially missing from the regulation.
- 205 CMR 138.07 Floor Plans: The proposed amendment will establish that the Investigations and Enforcement Bureau is provided with up-to-date floor plans on a quarterly basis.
- 205 CMR 138.62 Payment of Table Game Progressive Payout Wagers: The proposed amendment will establish that the Commission be notified of the protocols governing the equal division of progressive jackpots and reset amounts by licensee.
Scheduled hearing date and time: Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 9:30 a.m. EST
Given the unprecedented circumstances, Governor Charles Baker issued an order to provide limited relief from certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law to protect the health and safety of the public and individuals interested in attending public meetings during the global Coronavirus pandemic. In keeping with the guidance provided, the Commission will conduct this hearing utilizing remote collaboration technology.
- Notice of Public Hearing 9.29.22 REGS
- CONFERENCE CALL NUMBER: 1-646-741-5292
- PARTICIPANT CODE: 112 242 3657
Anyone wishing to offer comments on this regulation may email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the virtual hearing link to appear and speak. Alternatively, written comments may also be submitted to that same email address with ‘Regulation Comment’ in the subject line. Comments must be received by 9:30 a.m. Thursday, September 29, 2022.