MGC Public Hearing
Posted: February 28, 2023
LocationRemote Collaboration Technology
Call-in, See Notice for Info,
DateTuesday, February 28, 2023
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will convene a public meeting for purposes of gathering comments, ideas, and information relative to the proposed adoption of 205 CMR 138.00, 205 CMR 238.00, 205 CMR 247.00, 205 CMR 248.00, and 205 CMR 254.00.
The public meeting will take place on Tuesday, February 28, 2022 at 9:15 a.m. and will be conducted via remote collaboration technology.
A complete copy of the draft regulations referenced above may be downloaded by visiting www.massgaming.com, clicking on ‘Regulations and Compliance’ and selecting the ‘Proposed Rulemaking’ section.
- 205 CMR 138: Uniform Standards of Accounting Procedures and Internal Controls for Gaming: This regulation has been amended to include references to sports wagering protocols for gaming licensees that also offer sports wagering within their gaming establishments consistent to the requirements within G.L. c. 23K, and G.L. c. 23N.
- 205 CMR 238: Uniform Standards of Accounting Procedures and Internal Controls for Sports Wagering: This regulation is intended to create a system of procedures and established internal controls necessary to standardize the protocols utilized by Sports Wagering Operators seeking licensure in the Commonwealth.
- 205 CMR 247 Uniform Standards of Sports Wagering: This regulation provides the general parameters for permissible Sports Wagers that may be offered by Sports Wagering Operators.
- 205 CMR 248: Sports Wagering Account Management: This regulation governs the management of Sports Wagering accounts, whether created and used at Sports Wagering Facilities or on mobile or digital Sports Wagering Platforms.
- 205 CMR 254: Temporary Prohibitions from Sports Wagering: This regulation is intended to offer an alternative to voluntary self-exclusion described in 205 CMR 233.00. Individuals may designate themselves as temporarily prohibited from engaging in sports wagering for a self-selected period.
Anyone wishing to offer comments on this regulation can email email@example.com and request the virtual hearing link to appear and speak. Alternatively, written comments may also be submitted to that same email address with ‘Regulation Comment’ in the subject line. Comments must be received by 9:15 a.m. on Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
- Notice of Public Hearing – 2.28.23
- CONFERENCE CALL NUMBER: 1-646-741-5293
PARTICIPANT CODE: 111 131 2913