MGC Public Hearing
Posted: January 31, 2023
LocationRemote Collaboration Technology
Call-in, See Notice for Info,
DateTuesday, January 31, 2023
Notice is hereby provided that in accordance with G.L. c. 30A § 2, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission will convene a public hearing for purposes of gathering comments, ideas, and information relative to the proposed adoption of 205 CMR 105; 205 CMR 143.00; 205 CMR 243.00; 205 CMR 244.00; and 205 CMR 146.28. The proposal was developed pursuant to G.L. c. 23K, §§2, 4(37), and 5; and G.L. c. 23N § 4, as part of the Commission’s regulation promulgation process, and concerns the following regulations:
- 205 CMR 105: Investigations and Enforcement Bureau: This regulation has been amended to extend the authority of the IEB to potential and licensed sports wagering operators in accordance with G.L. c. 23N.
- 205 CMR 143.00: Gaming Devices and Electronic Gaming Equipment: This regulation governs the technical standards for gaming devices and electronic gaming equipment, specifically as they relate to kiosks and has been amended to include an updated reference to a more recent version of the technical standards cited within the regulation.
- 205 CMR 243.00: Sports Wagering Equipment: This regulation governs and adopts the GLI technical standards required for sports wagering equipment.
- 205 CMR 244: Approval of Sports Wagering Equipment and Testing Laboratories: This regulation governs the process for the technical approval and testing of sports wagering equipment to be utilized in all sports wagering activities.
- 205 CMR 146.28: Pontoon 21 Table: Physical Characteristics: This regulation codifies the physical characteristics of the table game, Pontoon 21, as a regulation within 205 CMR.
Given the unprecedented circumstances, Governor Charles Baker issued an order to provide limited relief from certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law to protect the health and safety of the public and individuals interested in attending public meetings during the global Coronavirus pandemic. In keeping with the guidance provided, the Commission will conduct this hearing utilizing remote collaboration technology
CONFERENCE CALL NUMBER: 1-646-741-5293
PARTICIPANT CODE: 111 054 5528
A complete copy of the draft regulations referenced above may be downloaded by visiting the Proposed Rulemaking page. Anyone wishing to offer comments on this regulation can email email@example.com and request the virtual hearing link to appear and speak. Alternatively, written comments may also be submitted to that same email address with ‘Regulation Comment’ in the subject line. Comments must be received by 9:15 a.m. on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023.