What You Need to Know
- MassGaming will post all requests for procurements to www.COMMBUYS.com
- This page is maintained for convenience. The official location for getting all the information about procurements and MassGaming’s requests for responses or proposals is www.COMMBUYS.com.
Requests for Responses or Proposals
COMMBUYS is the only official procurement record system for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Executive Departments. COMMBUYS offers free internet-based access to all public procurement information in order to promote transparency, increase competition, and achieve best value for Massachusetts taxpayers.
“Built to Last,” Best Practices for a Diverse Workforce in the Construction Industry
Overall description of the work: The consultant will produce a Diversity Best Practices Report resulting from interviews with a project stakeholder list (generally in Springfield and Greater Boston) developed by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC). The report’s purpose is to attempt to chronicle the diversity practices developed and utilized to achieve and exceed workforce and supplier diversity goals during the construction of the three casinos in Massachusetts: Plainridge Park Casino, MGM Springfield and Encore Boston Harbor.
MGC will provide the successful candidate with a list of Project Stakeholders to interview for the project including: MGC, casino construction owners, developers, managers, contractors, subcontractors, building trade unions, training and apprenticeship programs, MGC Access and Opportunity Committee members, community-based organizations and government officials.
Deliverables include research and a written summary that will chronicle and lay out business practices and challenges from each project stakeholder’s point of view that contributed to the outcomes for the project. Key features of the report will include background of gaming law with respect to prioritizing diverse participation in the construction employment and vendors, critical steps taken by MGC, detailed list of best practices, based on key stakeholder interviews, personal stories, data and challenges.
Justification for the project: The Commission seeks to capture lessons learned from the construction diversity efforts of the three casino developments in order to build and share diversity strategies that have lasting impacts beyond those casino developments.
Finished Product: the final report should include a comprehensive, multi-page narrative that utilizes graphics and other visual enhancements that provide the reader with an all-inconclusive understanding of this initiative. Format: General categories of the report should follow PGTI’s guide, Finishing the Job, Best Practices https://pgti/finishing-the-job-best-practices-v-8-oct-2018.pdf
- RFP response due to the Commission on Friday, February 15, 2019.
- A bidders conference will be held on Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 9:00 am. RSVP to email@example.com for logistics. All questions regarding RFP should be submitted directly to Commbuys; All questions and answers will be publically posted on Commbuys.
- Decision by the MA Gaming Commission expected by March 1, 2019
- Written draft of report due by May 17, 2019; Contract ends June 30, 2019.