What You Need to Know
- MassGaming will post all requests for procurements to www.COMMBUYS.com
- This page is maintained for convenience. The official location for getting all the information about procurements and MassGaming’s requests for responses or proposals is www.COMMBUYS.com.
Requests for Responses or Proposals
COMMBUYS is the only official procurement record system for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Executive Departments. COMMBUYS offers free internet-based access to all public procurement information in order to promote transparency, increase competition, and achieve best value for Massachusetts taxpayers.
Request for Response: Technical Assistance for Small Businesses
With the express purpose of ensuring that Massachusetts companies continue to be successful in the Expanded Gaming Industry, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission recently opened a procurement process to provide targeted, intensive, one on one consulting expertise to small and medium-sized Massachusetts-based companies who are current vendors to one of the three casinos, or a company that is identified by a casino as a potential vendor. The Commission will grant funds to a qualifying entity which it determines can achieve these key objectives:
- Offer technical assistance to companies that have an existing business relationship with one of the three casinos but may need consulting or technical assistance on a specific issue to ensure continued success as a vendor.
- Work with companies that are identified by a casino as a potential vendor but for a specific issue that could be supported by technical assistance
- Work with the casino procurement representatives to identify Massachusetts-based and Minority, Women and Veteran Business Enterprises (MWVBE) businesses in the procurement categories identified as needed by the licensee
The MGC will award a grant of approximately $25,000 to $150,000 to the recipient. The grant funds must be expended by the end of the fiscal year (June 30, 2020). The recipient may be eligible for additional funding based on performance, budget availability and the need for services.
Applicants must currently operate a technical assistance grant program for small businesses and be able to demonstrate recent success with clients through job and revenue growth, business stabilization, retention, etc. Technical assistance should include designing and executing growth strategies; providing technical expertise around finance/capital management, human resources, back office infrastructure, legal and tax advisory services, operational efficiencies, etc.
The MGC reserves the right to request the highest-scoring bidders to make oral presentations either through on-site meetings or through a video conferencing platform. Applicants should view the RFR and submit all questions and proposals through WWW.COMMBUYS.COM, Bid# BD-20-1068-1068C-1068L-46337. It is each bidder’s responsibility to check COMMBUYS for any amendments or updates.
The deadline for bid responses is Tuesday, January 7th, 2020. Only electronic quotes submitted via COMMBUYS will be accepted in response to this RFR.