A Request for Public Comment: Draft regulation amendments pertaining to Gaming Service Employees, accounting procedures and internal controls, reports and information, gross gaming revenue, gaming tournaments, Excluded Persons List
Notice is hereby provided that in accordance with G.L. c. 30A § 2, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission will convene a public hearing for purposes of gathering comments, ideas, and information relative to proposed amendments to 205 CMR. The proposal was developed pursuant to G.L. c. 23K § 5, as part of the Commission’s regulation promulgation process. The proposal includes the following amendments:
- 205 CMR 134.04 DRAFT AMENDMENTS: Gaming Service Employees. The proposed amendment would give the Commission discretion to exempt certain gaming service employees from the registration requirement, as determined by its classification of job positions.
- 205 CMR 138.23, 138.24, 138.29, 138.31, 138.32, 138.35, 138.36, 138.57, 138.64, 138.71 DRAFT AMENDMENTS: Uniform Standards of Accounting Procedures and Internal Controls. This regulation and the proposed new sections therein, govern the financial and administrative operations of the casinos.
- 205 CMR 139.04, 140.02 DRAFT AMENDMENTS: Reports and Information to Be Filed with the Commission; Computation of Gross Gaming Revenue. These amendments update processes that will generate specific data for the Gross Gaming Revenue Report.
- 205 CMR 147.05 DRAFT AMENDMENTS: Gaming Tournaments. This amendment removes this section and incorporates the language into 205 CMR 138.00.
- 205 CMR 152.00 DRAFT AMENDMENTS: Individuals Excluded From a Gaming Establishment. The proposed amendments address the process by which an individual will be placed on the Excluded Persons List, and clarify protocol for enforcement.
Scheduled hearing date and time: May 24, 2018 at 9:30am.
Hearing location: Massachusetts Gaming Commission, 101 Federal Street, 12th Floor, Boston, Massachusetts.
Anybody wishing to offer comment on any of the draft regulations may appear at the public hearing at the designated date and time or submit written comments. Those who wish to submit written comments on the draft regulations may do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Draft Regulations Comment’ in the subject line. Please be certain to identify in your comments the section number of the regulation for which you are commenting. Comments must be received by 4:00pm on Friday, May 11, 2018.