Meeting Notification: MGC to hold public meeting on Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Topics include updates and votes related to Encore Boston Harbor opening
WHO: Members of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission including Chair Cathy Judd-Stein and Commissioners Gayle Cameron, Eileen O’Brien, Bruce Stebbins, and Enrique Zuniga
WHAT: The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will hold public meeting #272 on Wednesday, June 12, 2019.
The meeting will begin with a presentation about Encore Boston Harbor’s Opening Traffic Plan and public outreach campaign.
Executive Director Ed Bedrosian will provide an administrative and racing update.
The Commission will then receive an extensive presentation regarding Encore Boston Harbor’s Operations Certificate and the status of related requirements for opening, including construction commitments, workforce and economic development commitments, responsible gaming plan, gaming regulatory compliance, finance and legal.
Ombudsman John Ziemba and Construction Project Oversight Manager Joe Delaney will request a vote on the following:
- Determination of Final Stage of Construction – VOTE
General Counsel Catherine Blue will request several votes required for the opening of Encore Boston Harbor to include the following:
- Encore Boston Harbor Regional Marketing and Tourism Plan – VOTE
- Encore Boston Harbor Design and Construction Diversity Commitments – VOTE
- Approval of Encore Boston Harbor Gaming Floor – VOTE
- Approval of Encore Boston Harbor to Open for Test and Evaluation – VOTE
- Delegation of Authority to a Single Commissioner to Observe and Review the Results of Test Nights and to Issue a Conditional Operations Certificate on Behalf of the Commission – VOTE
- Approval of the Form of the Conditional and Permanent Certificate of Operations – VOTE
- Approval of Compliance with the Terms of c. 23K, 205 CMR and Category 1 Gaming Establishment License Conditions – VOTE
For a complete list of agenda items and anticipated votes, view the official Meeting Notification and Agenda. A LIVE STREAM will be available on the MassGaming homepage. Also, community members are invited to follow along with live meeting updates by connecting with the Commission on Twitter, @MassGamingComm.
WHERE: MGC Office, 101 Federal Street, 12th Floor, Boston, MA
WHEN: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, at 10:00 a.m.