Meeting Notification: MGC to hold public meeting on September 19, 2023; Conference Call Available
WHO: Members of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission including Chair Cathy Judd-Stein and Commissioners Brad Hill, Jordan Maynard, Eileen O’Brien, and Nakisha Skinner
WHAT: The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will hold public meeting #479 on Tuesday, September 19, 2023.
After the meeting is called to order, the Commission will begin a data privacy roundtable and discussion of 205 CMR 257. Participants will include representatives of Sports Wagering Category 1 and Category 3 operators, technical experts, Responsible Gaming representatives and other stakeholders.
That roundtable discussion will consist of opening remarks and introductions of participants, a legal framework, and the following topics of discussion:
- Requirements of the Commission’s regulation not currently imposed in other jurisdictions that present challenges to roundtable participants.
- How participants currently use customer data and data sharing, how customers can access that information, and how the regulation will require modifications to those practices.
- How the regulation impacts the user experience and the differences between platforms in regard to user experience.
- The implications for responsible gaming and positive play.
- Estimated resources needed and timelines required to implement the regulation.
There is also time allotted near the end of the meeting for any other business that the Chair did not reasonably anticipate at the time of posting.
For a complete list of agenda items and anticipated votes, view the official Meeting Notification and Agenda. A LIVE STREAM will be available at MassGaming.com. Community members are also invited to follow along with live meeting updates by connecting with the Commission on Twitter, @MassGamingComm.
Please note that the Commission will conduct this public meeting remotely utilizing remote collaboration technology. Use of this technology is intended to ensure an adequate, alternative means of public access to the Commission’s deliberations for any interested member of the public. If there is any technical problem with the Commission’s remote connection, an alternative conference line will be noticed immediately on our website: MassGaming.com.
WHERE: Conference Call Number: 1-646-741-5292, Meeting ID: 112 934 9336
WHEN: Tuesday, September 19, 2023, at 10:00 a.m.