Meeting Notification: MGC to hold public meeting on November 7, 2019 in Plainville
WHO: Members of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission including Chair Cathy Judd-Stein and Commissioners Gayle Cameron, Eileen O’Brien, Bruce Stebbins, and Enrique Zuniga
WHAT: The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will hold public meeting #281 on Thursday, November 7, 2019.
The meeting will begin with an approval of minutes, followed by an administrative update from Executive Director Ed Bedrosian.
Representatives from Plainridge Park Casino will then present the casino’s Quarterly Report to the Commission.
Dr. Alex Lightbown, the MGC’s Racing Division Director, will provide a series of racing-related updates and request votes on the following:
- 2020 Racing Applications – VOTE
- Race Horse Development Fund Split – VOTE
- Quarterly Local Aid Payments – VOTE
- Approval of Racing Official – VOTE
General Counsel Catherine Blue will request that the Commission vote on the following:
- Final Draft Version of 205 CMR 6.35: Pick (n) Pools; and Amended Small Business Impact Statement – VOTE to complete the promulgation process
- Initial Draft Version of several amendments to 205 CMR 3.00: Harness Horse Racing (Refs & Annos), to include provisions for addressing conflicts of interest of racing officials, the finality of decisions of racing judges for events occurring during races, and optional quarantine procedures in TC02 positive cases; and Small Business Impact Statements – VOTE to begin promulgation process
- Initial Draft Version of several amendments to 205 CMR 4.00: Rules of Horse Racing (Refs & Annos), to include provisions for addressing conflicts of interest of racing officials; and Small Business Impact Statements – VOTE to begin promulgation process
- Initial draft Version of an amendment to 205 CMR 101.02: Review of Orders of Civil Administrative Penalties/Forfeitures Issued by the Bureau, Commission Staff, or the Racing Division, to include proper timing of racing appeals and a new provision for discovery in racing medication cases; and Small Business Impact Statement – VOTE to begin promulgation process
Director of Research and Responsible Gaming Mark Vander Linden, alongside researchers and report authors, will provide the following Research Agenda updates:
- Social and Economic Impacts of Plainridge Park Casino
- Public Safety Baseline Analysis regarding communities near Encore Boston Harbor
- Public Safety Impact Report following eight months of operation at MGM Springfield
- Public Safety Impact Report following four years of operation at Plainridge Park Casino
For a complete list of agenda items and anticipated votes, view the official Meeting Notification and Agenda. A LIVE STREAM will be available on the MassGaming homepage. Also, community members are invited to follow along with live meeting updates by connecting with the Commission on Twitter, @MassGamingComm.
WHERE: Plainville Town Hall, 190 South Street, Plainville, MA
WHEN: Thursday, November 7, 2019, at 10:00 a.m.