MEETING NOTIFICATION: MGC to hold public meeting on June 6, 2019
WHO: Members of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission including Chair Cathy Judd-Stein and Commissioners Gayle Cameron, Eileen O’Brien, Bruce Stebbins, and Enrique Zuniga
WHAT: The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will hold public meeting #271 on Thursday, June 6, 2019.
The meeting will open with an approval of minutes, followed by a general administrative and staffing update from Executive Director Ed Bedrosian.
Chief Finance and Accounting Officer Derek Lennon will present the MGC FY20 Budget Review.
Plainridge Park Casino representatives will present the Commission with a Quarterly Report.
Racing Division Director Dr. Alex Lightbrown will request that the Commission vote on several horse racing matters to include the following:
- Quarterly Local Aid Payments – VOTE
- Plainridge Park Casino Approval of Racing Officials – VOTE
- Suffolk Downs Request for Capital Improvement Fund Payment – VOTE
- Suffolk Downs Approval of Racing Official – VOTE
Encore Boston Harbor representatives will present their Regional Marketing and Tourism Plan, along with their Design and Construction Diversity Commitments.
It is anticipated that the Commission will then vote on the following:
- Plainridge Park Casino Workforce Development Plan – VOTE
General Counsel Catherine Blue will request that the Commission vote on several legal matters to include the following:
- Initial Draft Version of 205 CMR 143.02(f): Progressive Gaming Devices and Small Business Impact Statement – VOTE to begin the formal promulgation process
- Initial Draft Version of 205 CMR 102.02: Definitions and Small Business Impact Statement – VOTE to begin the formal promulgation process
- Initial Draft Version of 205 CMR 152.00: Individuals Excluded From A Gaming Establishment and Small Business Impact Statement – VOTE to authorize staff to file the regulation on an emergency basis pursuant to Chapter 23K Section 5b
- Initial Draft Version of 205 CMR 6.35: Pick(n) Pools, and Small Business Impact Statement – VOTE to begin the formal promulgation process
For a complete list of agenda items and anticipated votes, view the official Meeting Notification and Agenda. A LIVE STREAM will be available on the MassGaming homepage. Also, community members are invited to follow along with live meeting updates by connecting with the Commission on Twitter, @MassGamingComm.
WHERE: MGC Office, 101 Federal Street, 12th Floor, Boston, MA
WHEN: Thursday, June 6, 2019, at 10:00 a.m.