Meeting Notification: MGC to hold public meeting on December 17; Conference Call Available
WHO: Members of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission including Chair Cathy Judd-Stein and Commissioners Gayle Cameron, Eileen O’Brien, Bruce Stebbins, and Enrique Zuniga
WHAT: The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will hold public meeting #330 on Thursday, December 17, 2020.
After an approval of minutes, Executive Director Karen Wells will provide an administrative update, which will include the following:
- Staffing Update
- On-Site Casino Updates
Director of Research and Responsible Gaming Mark Vander Linden will introduce researchers from the UMass Donahue Institute for a presentation on a report related to Encore Boston Harbor’s construction.
Director of Racing Dr. Alex Lightbown will ask that the Commission vote on the following:
- Suffolk Downs Request for 2020 Premium Free Period – VOTE
- Suffolk Downs Request for Approval of Simulcast Import Locations – VOTE
- Suffolk Downs Request for Approval of Account Wagering Providers – VOTE
- Suffolk Downs Request for Approval of Mbet – VOTE
- 2019 Annual Racing Report – VOTE
Members from the MGC’s Legal Division will request that the Commission vote on the following:
- 205 CMR 146.13: Blackjack Table, Card Reader Device; Physical Characteristics; Inspections. This amendment would clarify that the Blackjack table layout should include an inscription identifying either 3-to-2 or 6-to-5 payout odds – and Amended Small Business Impact Statement, for approval to move through the final promulgation process – VOTE
- 205 CMR 153.00: Community Mitigation Fund. The proposed regulation would govern the manner in which the Commission exercises its authority established pursuant to G.L. 23K, § 61 to administer the Community Mitigation Fund and expend funds to assist the host and surrounding communities, or any other communities identified in G.L. 23K, § 61, in offsetting costs related to the construction and operation of the gaming establishments – and Amended Small Business Impact Statement, for approval to move through the final promulgation process – VOTE
- 205 CMR 133.00: Voluntary Self Exclusion. The proposed amendment contains administrative changes that ensure uniformity in the process of managing and maintaining the Voluntary Self-Exclusion List, specify who is deemed a “designated agent” and has access to such list, clarify the application’s contents, and refine the qualification requirements for providers of services offered by the Voluntary Self Exclusion program – and Amended Small Business Impact Statement, for approval to move through the final promulgation process
- Review of Proposed Comprehensive Amendments to the Enhanced Code of Ethics for adoption as part of an updated Third Edition – VOTE
The Commission will then discuss the Executive Director evaluation form and process.
For a complete list of agenda items and anticipated votes, view the official Meeting Notification and Agenda.
PLEASE NOTE: Given the unprecedented circumstances resulting from the global Coronavirus pandemic, Governor Charles Baker issued an order to provide limited relief from certain provisions of the Open Meeting Law to protect the health and safety of individuals interested in attending public meetings. In keeping with the guidance provided, the Commission will conduct a public meeting utilizing remote collaboration technology. If there is any technical problem with our remote connection, an alternative conference line will be noticed immediately on our website: MassGaming.com.
Community members are also invited to follow along with live meeting updates by connecting with the Commission on Twitter, @MassGamingComm.
WHERE: Conference Call Number: 1-646-741-5292, Meeting ID: 112 738 6776
WHEN: Thursday, December 17, 2020, at 10:00 a.m.