Doing Our Part: MGC and Casino Licensees Contribute to COVID-19 Response Efforts
MGC’s Divisions of Licensing and Racing Donate 38,000 Pairs of Gloves to MEMA and First Responders
The MGC’s Division of Licensing and Division of Racing recently donated approximately 38,000 pairs of gloves; items desperately needed by the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA), the brave health professionals serving on the front line at medical facilities, and members of the Massachusetts State Police.
- Approximately 16,000 pairs of gloves were delivered to MEMA, which will greatly assist in their wide-ranging efforts across the Commonwealth.
- Approximately 22,000 pairs of gloves were delivered to support the efforts of the Massachusetts State Police, providing vital supplies and emergency response kits across the agency.
Massachusetts Casinos Contribute to Local Communities Amid Closures
The state’s destination-resort casinos have been contributing to their local communities with food and supply donations and volunteer work to provide books to students and families learning from home.
Amid the casino closures, Encore Boston Harbor employees have been volunteering virtually, doing their part even while practicing social distancing at home.
Now, more than ever, we are committed to helping our community and we know you are as well,” Eric Kraus, Senior Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs, said. “It may seem challenging to support your community with physical distancing requirements, but there are many opportunities to get involved.”
“We are a strong community, but this is a challenging time, and MGM Springfield will continue to do what we can to support those impacted and those on the frontline,” said Chris Kelley, President & COO of MGM Springfield.
*The list below will be updated frequently.
- Encore Boston Harbor donating tens of thousands of masks and gloves, pallets of water to help fight coronavirus
- Coronavirus Supplies: Encore Boston Harbor Donating 46,000 Masks, 5 Pallets Of Toilet Paper To State
- Encore Boston Harbor Donates Essential Protective Equipment to Local Hospital
- Encore Boston Harbor donates $25K to Bread of Life’s COVID-19 relief efforts
- After coronavirus closes casinos, MGM Springfield donates 12,000 pounds of food to area food pantries
- Encore Boston Harbor donates food to local pantries
- MGM Springfield provides free books to children in the community
- MGM Springfield joins Thunderbirds, hotels, restaurants to feed healthcare providers, first responders