MEETING NOTIFICATION: MGC to hold public meeting on March 28, 2019
WHO: Members of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission including Chair Cathy Judd-Stein and Commissioners Gayle Cameron, Eileen O’Brien, Bruce Stebbins, and Enrique Zuniga
WHAT: The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will hold public meeting #265 on Thursday, March 28, 2019.
The meeting will open with a general administrative update from Executive Director Ed Bedrosian and will include a Commission vote regarding the election of its officers.
MGC’s Office of Research and Responsible Gaming will provide the Commission with an update about ongoing activities to support and promote Problem Gambling Awareness Month.
The Commission is expected to vote about MGM Springfield’s residential unit requirement.
Dr. Alex Lightbown, director of MGC Racing Division, will request that the Commission vote on several horse racing matters including the following:
- Suffolk Downs Request to Add Dates and Amend Racing Schedule – VOTE
- Suffolk Downs Purse Request – VOTE
- Suffolk Downs Request for Capital Improvement Fund Consideration, Chad Bourque, Senior Financial Analyst – VOTE
- Suffolk Downs Request for Capital Improvement Fund Payment, Chad Bourque, Senior Financial Analyst – VOTE
- Suffolk Downs Request for Promotional Fund Payment, Chad Bourque, Senior Financial Analyst –VOTE
- Quarterly Local Aid Payments-Chad Bourque, Senior Financial Analyst – VOTE
For a complete list of agenda items and anticipated votes, view the official Meeting Notification and Agenda.
A live stream will be available on the MassGaming homepage. Also, community members are invited to follow along with live meeting updates by connecting with the Commission on Twitter, @MassGamingComm.
WHERE: MGC Office, 101 Federal Street, 12th Floor, Boston, MA
WHEN: Thursday, March 28, 2019, at 10:00 a.m.