The mission of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission is to create a fair, transparent, and participatory process for implementing the expanded gaming law passed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor in November, 2011.
In creating that process, the Commission will strive to ensure that its decision-making and regulatory systems engender the confidence of the public and participants, and that they provide the greatest possible economic development benefits and revenues to the people of the Commonwealth, reduce to the maximum extent possible the potentially negative or unintended consequences of the new legislation, and allow an appropriate return on investment for gaming providers that assures the operation of casino-resorts of the highest quality.
The Commissioners and all employees of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission are committed to a set of core values that will underpin and guide our work:
- We value an unyielding commitment to a participatory, transparent and fair process for the licensing of expanded gaming in Massachusetts.
- We value an environment with a free-flowing and open exchange of ideas in which all are encouraged to question and participate, with the understanding that all will use their best efforts to implement the resulting decisions.
- We value an uncompromising commitment to the integrity of the licensing and regulatory process, and strict adherence to the letter and spirit of our Enhanced Code of Ethics, with a thoughtful balance between the need for rigorous regulation and the burden of compliance.
- We value a diverse workforce and supplier base, and an inclusive culture internally and among our partners in the Massachusetts Gaming Industry.
- We value a deep commitment to customer service that assures a respectful and professional experience for all with whom we come in contact, no matter their point of entry or point of view.
Enhanced Code of Ethics
MGC’s Enhanced Code of Ethics is to help ensure the highest level of public confidence in the integrity of the regulation of all gaming activities in the Commonwealth.
To read more about MGC’s Enhanced Code of Ethics, download the PDF available here.